Telefono: +39 0432 558488
Sito personale: www.dimi.uniud.it/dikranja/
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, University of Sofia, June 1973,
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Sofia, April 1978.
- 1978 - 1986 Research Fellow, Institute of Mathematics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia.
- 1986 - 1992 Senior Research Fellow (Associate Professor), Institute of Mathematics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
- 1992 - 2000 Associate Professor in Algebra, University of Udine.
- 2000 - present Professor in Algebra, University of Udine.
Attività di ricerca Algebraic aspects of Topological Groups, Rings and Modules
Combinatorial aspects of (topological and abstract) groups
- Algebraic structure of topological groups
- Description of linear compactness of rings through endomorphisms
- Minimal topologies on rings and their connection to Krull dimension
Compact groups and their generalizations
- Connections between the algebraic structure of topological groups and some of their functorial posets
- Large and small sets in (topological and abstract) groups
- Combinatorial properties of continuous maps between groups endowed with functorial topologies
- minimal groups and compact representations of groups
- countably compact groups and pseudocompact groups
- compact group close to Lie groups
- the impact of compactness-like properties of the topological groups on their dimension and (dis)connectedness
Uniform and quasi uniform spaces
- Closure operators and their application to algebra, topology and discrete mathematics
- Dualities between categories of topological modules
- Uniform continuity and its generalizations
- Cowell-poweredness of categories of quasi uniform spaces
Progetti di ricerca Collaborative research grant of NATO (NATO CRG 950347) for the project ``Topological and algebraic representation theorem and their applications" in 1995-96, extended for 1997-98 (for collaboration with the University of West Virginia, USA). Research grant of Italian MURST (Ministry of University and Scientific and Technological Research) for 1998 for the project ``Ring Theory, modules and abelian groups: homological, topological and categorical methods" Research grant of Italian MURST (Ministry of University and Scientific and Technological Research) for 2000 for the project ``Nuove prospettive nella teoria degli anelli, dei moduli e dei gruppi abeliani" Research grant of Italian MURST (Ministry of University and Scientific and Technological Research) for 2002 for the project ``Sottogruppi dei gruppi compatti" Research grant of Italian MURST (Ministry of University and Scientific and Technological Research) for 2005 for the project ``Argumenti scelti sui gruppi topologici e anelli di funzioni"
Aree di ricerca della matematica
- Teoria dei gruppi
- Teoria delle categorie
- Topologia generale